What started as a casual conversation in the basement of the MGH has grown into an anthem.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Foxborough
20 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
- MBBS, Goa Medical College
- Residency, Goa Medical College
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Kasturba Medical College
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rebellos performs research in two distinct areas: Pediatric Hip Disease and complex foot disorders.
Pediatric Hip Disease:
Dr. Rebello has studied Pediatric Hip Disease with its immediate and long-term ramifications, including pediatric hip pathology and hip joint preservation in young adults. He has researched the role of surgical dislocation in pediatric hip deformity and the role of the triple pelvic osteotomy in treating complex hip dysplasia in neuromuscular and teratological conditions.
Complex Foot Disorders:
Dr. Rebello is also interested in complex foot disorders and their management. He has published articles on the foot in multiple synostoses syndromes and pre-axial mirror polydactyly.
- Rebello G, Joseph B. Late presentation of developmental dysplasia of hip in children from southwest India - Will screening help? Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 2003; 37:210-14.
- Rebello G, Joseph B. The Foot in Multiple Synostoses Syndrome. European Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery 2003; 9:19-24.
- Rebello G, Spencer S, Millis M, Kim YJ. Surgical Dislocation in the Management of Pediatric and Adolescent Hip Deformity. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009; 467:724-31.
- Rebello G, Parikh R, Grottkau B. Coaptive Film versus Subcuticular Suture: Comparing skin closure time following identical, single session, bilateral limb surgery in children. J Pediatr Orthop. 2009; 29:626-8.
- Rebello G, Zilkens C, Dudda M, Matheney T, Kim YJ. Triple pelvic osteotomy in complex hip dysplasia seen in neuromuscular and teratologic conditions. J Pediatr Orthop. 2009; 29:527-34.
- Oct | 3 | 2019
Dr. Gleeson Rebello and John Ventura were interviewed about their band, The Fever Breakers, on WGBH's Jim and Margery Show.
- Jul | 18 | 2019
Dr. Gleeson Rebello, as part of a band called the Fever Breakers, was nominated for a 2019 American Songwriting Award.
- Dec | 16 | 2016
For years, doctors could not determine why Olivia Renzi was growing so rapidly. In 2013, her mother brought Olivia to MGHfC. Olivia was diagnosed with gigantism, a rare growth disorder, but the diagnosis taught her to tap into a source of inner strength she didn't know she had.
- Feb | 4 | 2019
Fever Breakers, a band made up of Mass General staff, received an Honorable Mention for Best Music Video at the Global Film Festival Awards.