Christopher Melnic, MD
Christopher Melnic, MD
Hip and Knee Replacement Orthopaedic Surgeon
Director, Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship Program
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Kaplan Joint Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
2014 Washington St.
Newton, MA 02462
Hip & Knee Replacement Service
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Rush University
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
In 2014, Dr. Melnic and colleagues received the James A. Rand, MD Young Investigators Award from the American Association for Hip and Knee Surgeons for the most outstanding paper in the area of hip and knee replacement research. His research interests include outpatient total joint replacement, outcomes following hip and knee replacement surgery, and treatment of acetabular bone loss and pelvic discontinuity.
- Melnic CM, Paprosky WG. Extended trochanteric osteotomy: Component retrieval and repair. Seminars in Arthroplasty. 2016 Dec; 27(4): 264-267.
- Melnic CM, Paprosky WG. The management of complex periprosthetic fractures. Arthroplasty Today. 2016 Oct 18;2(4):139-140.
- Melnic CM, Sheth NP. Operative Technique: Acetabular Distraction for Severe Acetabular Bone Loss with Associated Chronic Pelvic Discontinuity. University of Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Journal. Vol 25: 68-70, 2015.
- Courtney PM, Rozell JC, Melnic CM, Sheth NP, Nelson CL. Effect of Malnutrition and Morbid Obesity on Complication Rates Following Primary Total Joint Arthroplasty. J Surg Orthop Adv. 2016 summer;25(2):99-104.
- Sheth NP, Melnic CM, Paprosky WG. Evaluation and Management of Chronic Total Hip Instability. Bone and Joint Journal. 98-B(1 Suppl A): 44-9, 2016.
- Courtney PM, Rozell JC, Melnic CM, Lee GC. Who Should Not Undergo Short Stay Hip and Knee Arthroplasty? Risk Factors Associated With Major Medical Complications Following Primary Total Joint Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2015 Sep;30(9 Suppl):1-4
- Sheth NP, Melnic CM, Rozell JC, Paprosky WG. Management of severe femoral bone loss in revision total hip arthroplasty. Orthop Clin North Am. 2015 Jul;46(3):329-42, ix.
- Courtney PM, Melnic CM, Zimmer Z, Anari J, Lee GC. Addition of Vancomycin to Cefazolin Prophylaxis Is Associated With Acute Kidney Injury After Primary Joint Arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015 Jul;473(7):2197-203.