A checklist to complete before your Orthopaedic Surgery at Mass General Hospital.
Steps to complete before your surgery
- Read the information from your doctor’s office. Call your doctor if you have any questions.
- Schedule to meet with other doctors (like a cardiologist, or primary care doctor) if advised by your doctor before your Pre-Admission Testing phone call.
- Prepare for your Pre-Admission Testing phone call by gathering your health information including:
- Implanted devices
- Medical history
- Fill out your pre-surgical assessment online through Patient Gateway. This helps save time on your Pre-Admission Testing phone call.
- Complete blood draw and testing.
- Visit the second floor of the Wang Building for blood draw and ECGs.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 6:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday: 9:30am - 3:30pm (on weekends, go to the Primary Care Urgent Access Center at Yawkey 4B on 55 Fruit St.)
- Complete your Pre-Admission Testing Appointment by phone.
- Prepare your after-surgery arrangements:
- Prepare your living space
- Ensure your prescriptions for your usual medications are filled prior to your surgery
- Stock up on prepared foods and groceries prior to your surgery
- Arrange for someone to drop you off at MGH for your surgery and to pick you up at your discharge
- Follow the instructions for the day of surgery, as advised by your surgeon.