Departments, Centers & Programs:
- PA, Wagner College Physician Assistant Program
- MBA, Southern New Hampshire University
American Board Certifications
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Orthopedic Surgery Certificate of Added Qualifications (NCCPA)
Research & Publications
Research interests are focused mainly on the knee, specifically ACL injuries and recovery. There are several ongoing studies involving recovery after ACL surgery including return to sports and activities. These patient reported outcome surveys are to investigate how to continually optimize patient outcomes in active patients who have suffered traumatic injuries like ACL tears.
- Hazzard S, Pearle A, “Anatomic Double-bundle ACL reconstruction using the “Footprint”/Flexible Reamer Method”, Techniques in Knee Surgery, Vol 11 #3 p161-167, Sept 2012.
- Hazzard, S, Raskin K, Asnis P, Osteoid Osteoma (case study), Journal of Orthopedics for Physician Assistants, Vol 1 Issue 1 p4-5, 2013.
- Hazzard, S, Quadriceps tendon autograft for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: evidence for increased utilization, Journal of Orthopedics for Physician Assistants, Fall 2014, pp16-18.
- Hazzard, S, “History of ACL reconstruction”, Journal of Orthopedics for Physician Assistants, Vol 2, Issue 2 p6-12, 2014.
- Cohn RM, Dumont GD, Makani A, Hazzard SM, Asnis PD. Surgeon experience in transitioning from transtibial to anteromedial portal technique for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Orthopaedic Journal at Harvard Medical School. 2016; 17:24-29.
- Vopat BG, Hazzard S, Vopat ML, Van Dijk, PA, McKinnon K, Asnis P, Theodore G. Return to Sport after Surgical Treatment of Ligamentous Lisfranc Injuries in Athletes: Retrospective Case Series. European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery, and Arthroscopy Annual Meeting. Barcelona Spain. April 2016. Poster Presentation.
- Vopat B, Wong J, Golijanin, Hazzard S, Palmer W, Asnis P. "Encapsulated Fat Necrosis Lesion Caused by a Morel-Lavallee in a Professional Hockey Player", The American Journal of Orthopedics (approved for publication January 2017).
- Cloutier D, Hazzard S, Dowell C, Downie B, Collins L, “Sports medicine roundtable: Management of a chronic retracted rotator cuff tear in a middle-aged woman with intact articular cartilage”, JBJS Journal of Orthopedics for Physician Assistants (JOPA), 2017; Vol 5, Issue 1, pE1-E7.
- Collins L, Downie B, Hazzard S, Dowell C, Cloutier D, “Sports medicine roundtable: Graft selection for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction”, JBJS Journal of Orthopedics for Physician Assistants (JOPA), 2019; Vol 7, Issue 1, pE5.