Contact the Geriatric Fracture Care Team
Do you have any questions or concerns? You have a few options:
7:00 am – 3:00 pm weekdays:
Call our fracture Nurse Practitioner at
Emergencies 3:00 pm – 7:00 am (nights, weekends and holidays): Call our Pager at (617) 280-9956
Anytime, any day: Email your question to: fractureMGH@partners.org
Before you are discharged from Mass General, it is important for you and your family to make sure:
- Your questions have been answered.
- If you are going directly home, remember to ask who will be contacting you to help you recover from your surgery, such as a visiting nurse and when to expect their call.
- If you are going directly to a rehabilitation facility, remember to confirm where you are going and ask how long you should expect to be there.
- You understand your discharge instructions that are given to you in writing.
- You know who to contact with questions or concerns after you leave MGH: Email: fractureMGH@partners.org; Call: (617) 697-4806; (weekdays); Pager: (617) 280-9956 (emergencies, nights and holidays)
- You understand what medications you are taking and why. You also understand why these medications may be different than what you were taking before you were hospitalized.
- You have received prescriptions for your pain medication.
- You have contacted your PCP to alert them to your recent hospitalization.
- You have scheduled a follow-up appointment with your orthopedic surgeon.