About the Department of Pharmacy
We are dedicated to exceptional pharmacy practice, innovation, research, education and interdisciplinary collaboration. View our mission statement or read a special message touching on our long-standing history and future efforts.
To enrich the lives of the diverse community we serve by being accountable for optimal patient outcomes through exceptional pharmacy practice, innovation, research, education and interdisciplinary collaboration.
To be at the forefront of exceptional pharmacy practice.
Our vision statement blueprint:
- An engaged, proficient, accountable and professional workforce
- Fully advancing patient-centered care as an essential member of the practice team
- Lead the advancement of medication quality and safety across the organization
- Develop a comprehensive pharmacy data analytics program that enhances decision making
- Sustained compliance with accreditation, legal and regulatory requirements
- Established integrated technology infrastructure that fosters safety, efficiency and is fully autonomous
- Promote financial stewardship through implemented cost effective care and creating new revenue streams
- Aligned and integrated as an essential part of the organization's strategic decision making
- A national and international pharmacy health care leader
- Set standards for excellence in educating and training pharmacy and health care teams
- Conduct and support novel research contributing to the advancement of the scientific body of knowledge
Education and Training
The Pharmacy Residency Programs at Massachusetts General Hospital are committed to adhering to the most current accreditation standards. Discover how we train tomorrow's health care leaders.