The Photography Department at Massachusetts General Hospital frames pictures, posters, certificates and shadow boxes of any size for any type of environment, including home and office.
All our frames are custom made. We carry a wide variety of frame and mat selections. Our staff is very knowledgeable and will work with you to select frames that will add character and personalization to your surroundings.
Types of Frames and Mats
- Metal frames are durable and are manufactured in a wide variety of styles. There are metal frames to suit almost any decor. Some popular types of metal frames include bronze, pewter, brass, sterling and chrome.
- Wood frames are made from just about every type of wood available, and can be stained, painted, engraved or otherwise adorned to suit individual tastes.
- Shadowboxes are deep boxes with a glass covering over the top. They are hung or placed upright, like any other photo frame. They are often used to display more than one photo at a time, or a photo along with other, related objects in the manner of a collage or scrapbook.
- Mats are available in numerous shades of every color, including gold, silver, white and black.
Standard Frame Sizes
- Small: 3x5, 3x5.5, 3x3
- Medium: 4x6, 5x7, 6x8
- Large: 8x10, 8x12, 8.5x11, 9x12
- Extra Large: 10x13, 11x14, 11x17, 12x16, 12x18
- Poster Size: 16x20, 22x28