Connecting with mental healthcare can be challenging. Here are some options that may help.
Finding a Mental Health Provider
- Consult Mass General resources: Review information about finding help here.
- Contact your health insurance company directly: (phone number on back of insurance card) to obtain a list of providers that accept your insurance plan and are accepting new patients
- Talk to your primary care physician: Your PCP may know of therapists in your area and your insurance network. There may also be behavioral health providers associated with your primary care physician’s office
- Use online databases
- Therapy Matcher
Program run by the National Association of Social Workers in MA
- William James College’s Interface Referral Service
Extensive information on local resources and assistance with finding a therapist through their service line
- Massachusetts Behavioral Health Access (MABHA)
Searchable database for local resources for mental health and substance abuse treatment services
Community Mental Health Centers in Metro Boston
These clinics accept most major insurance plans and have multiple locations or virtual appointment offerings.
- Eliot Community Health Services
- South Bay Community Services
- North Suffolk
- Riverside Community Care
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Massachusetts Chapter
Includes resources on how to navigate mental health issues for yourself or for a friend or family member as well as specific local mental health resources