Consortia for Improving Medicine with Innovation and Technology (CIMIT)
CIMIT accelerates innovation in healthcare by facilitating collaboration among clinicians, healthcare managers, technologists, engineers, and entrepreneurs to develop and implement leading-edge products, services, and procedures that improve patient care.
Our initiatives offer an insider’s view of the future of medicine.
We aim to foster entrepreneurial healthcare innovation focused on the areas of greatest opportunity for technology to make transformational change in the current paradigm of patient care. CIMIT encourages entrepreneurial innovation through its initiatives and awards:
- Accelerator Initiative: Finding, funding and facilitating new medical technologies
- Point of Care Technology Research Network (POCTRN): Developing technologies with new clinical applications
- Translational Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH): Can your research help to avoid the call, "Houston, we have a problem?"
- Collaboration and Consulting: Helping grow powerful healthcare innovation ecosystems
- CIMIT CRAASH Course: Get your innovation out of the lab and into the world
- CIMIT CoLab: The healthcare collaboration platform
- B-BIC: Accelerating early stage biomedical innovations
- New England Pediatric Device Consortium (NEPDC): Promoting the commercialization of safe and effective technologies for pediatric clinical care
- Yale Center for Biomedical and Interventional Technology: An interdisciplinary initiative to foster greater innovation in medical technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Medical Device Design: Solve clinical challenges with engineering