Body Contouring Surgery Program
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Wang Ambulatory Care Center, Suite 435
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
We are also located at:
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
Parking is available in the Parkman St. and nearby Fruit St. and Yawkey Center garages. Please note that some GPS systems do not recognize the 15 Parkman St. address. If you use a GPS system to drive to Mass General, enter Blossom St. as your destination, and then turn onto Parkman directly from Blossom.
Explore This Treatment
About the Program
Located within a world-renowned academic medical center, the Massachusetts General Hospital Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery’s Body Contouring Surgery Program offers comprehensive, state-of-the-art surgical services designed to enhance your appearance.
Our approach to patient care centers on the patient. We realize that each patient has unique goals, and we offer a wide range of specialized services, including:
- Arm lift (brachioplasty)
- Breast lift/reshaping
- Breast reduction
- Circumferential body lift, a procedure in which an abdomen reduction and buttocks reduction are performed at the same time
- Fat transfer from one area of the body into the face and nasolabial folds, buttocks or breasts
- Gynecomastia correction to minimize abnormally large breasts in males
- Thigh lift
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty/panniculectomy)
During your consultation, the surgeon will review your medical history and treatment goals. Treatment options, including risks and benefits, will be discussed in detail. Photos may also be necessary. We also ask that you bring a list of medications, vitamins and herbal supplements that you take, along with information on dosages.
Our goal is to give you a realistic picture of what to expect so that you can make an informed decision. We also review what's involved in any surgery, including:
- Anticipated results
- Hospital care
- Postoperative recuperation
Our dedicated patient care services representatives will help coordinate your surgery, aftercare and accommodations for out-of-town patients and guests. Our team of highly trained plastic and reconstructive surgery nurse practitioners is also available to answer questions before and after surgery, as well as provide post-surgical care.
The length of hospital stay generally ranges from one to two nights, although select procedures may be completed on an outpatient basis.
Body-contouring surgery carries risks, so safety is an important consideration. Our team is internationally recognized for expertise in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Our patients enjoy the peace of mind that comes from receiving treatment at a renowned medical institution.
For patients interested in body contouring after significant weight loss, we combine first-rate personal service and exceptional patient care with a multidisciplinary care team composed of surgeons, nutritionists and exercise specialists to help ensure successful long-term results.
We work closely with the Mass General Weight Center to help care for all aspects of your well-being. A support program designed to help you achieve your personal weight loss goals, dietary goals and manage stress is also available.
Most patients who have had massive weight loss require multiple procedures to optimize their shape. To provide the best possible result, we typically defer surgery until your weight is stable. Depending on your health and personal preference, you may schedule these procedures one at a time or all at once.
Mass General invites patients and the community to participate in innovative clinical trials and research studies.
- A New Clinical Trial for ESG Weight-loss Procedure in Patients with Hypertension or Type-2 Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone on Liver Fat in Overweight Young Adults
- Effects of dietary habits on metabolic health
- Interested in cooking more at home and improving your nutrition?
- Obese Men and Women Needed for Research Study to See Effects of Melatonin on Cardiometabolic Risks
- Research Study Seeking Men and Women with Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is home to Harvard-affiliated plastic surgeons who have pioneered many plastic surgery techniques and are members of major academic and medical societies.
- Chief, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Chief, Division of Burn Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School
- Director, Vascularized Composite Tissue Allotransplantation Lab
- Attending Surgeon, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Quality Director, Division of Plastic Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Department of Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at MGH and NSMC
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, North Shore Medical Center
- Quality Director, MGH Division of Plastic Surgery
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School
- Director, Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Principal Investigator, Center for Regenerative Medicine, Harvard Stem Cell Institute