Robert Colvin, MD
Robert Colvin, MD
Benjamin Castleman Distinguished Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Pathology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Immunopathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Colvin contributed seminal work in the field of antibody mediated rejection and approaches to tolerance induction. The C4d assay that is now used in transplant centers worldwide in the diagnosis of antibody-mediated rejection of allografts. He is a principal investigator and head of the Immunopathology Research Laboratory, for translational research in immunology and transplantation, and has been continuously funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) since 1976. The Colvin Laboratory focuses on the mechanisms of allograft rejection and acceptance in animal and human studies, as revealed by pathologic, immunopathologic and molecular techniques. Dr. Colvin is affiliated with the Center for Transplantation Sciences (CTS). His other research interests include acute and chronic antibody-mediated rejection, and mechanisms of graft acceptance. For a list of co-authors, related research concepts, and more visit Dr. Colvin's profile page at Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center. For more about the history of Dr. Colvin's research and clinical contributions, see the history of pathology services at Massachusetts General Hospital, Chapter 25.
- Long-Term Lung Transplantation in Nonhuman Primates. Aoyama A, Tonsho M, Ng CY, Lee S, Millington T, Nadazdin O, Wain JC, Cosimi AB, Sachs DH, Smith RN, Colvin RB, Kawai T, Madsen JC, Benichou G, Allan JS. Am J Transplant. 2015 Mar 13. doi: 10.1111/ajt.13130. [Epub ahead of print]>
- Immunomodulatory Strategies Directed Toward Tolerance of Vascularized Composite Allografts. Madariaga ML, Shanmugarajah K, Michel SG, Villani V, La Muraglia GM 2nd, Torabi R, Leonard DA, Randolph Mas MA, Colvin RB, Yamada K, Madsen JC, Cetrulo CL Jr, Sachs DH. Transplantation. 2015 Mar 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Recipient-Matching of Passenger Leukocytes Prolongs Survival of Donor Lung Allografts in Miniature Swine. Madariaga ML, Michel SG, La Muraglia GM 2nd, Sihag S, Leonard DA, Farkash EA, Colvin RB, Cetrulo CL Jr, Huang CA, Sachs DH, Madsen JC, Allan JS. Transplantation. 2015 Mar 9. [Epub ahead of print]