Transplant Coordinator Recruitment, Education & Development (TRED) Program
The TRED program is an initiative in the Massachusetts General Hospital Transplant Center, dedicated to the professional development of nurses and mid-level clinicians.
About the Program
At the Mass General Transplant Center, nurses have unique opportunities to transform the patient experience and their careers. Through the TRED program, nurse coordinators in the Transplant Center work in a collaborative environment, witness the latest innovations in transplant surgery and have access to career-long professional development opportunities.
Mission and Objectives
At the Mass General Transplant Center, people are our greatest asset. We pride ourselves for attracting world-class nurses and mid-level clinicians, and investing in their professional and personal development within the specialty of organ transplantation. The TRED program was created to ensure that Transplant Center nurse coordinators feel valued, invested in and supported. As part of the Mass General transplant team, nurses use their expertise and kindness to deliver compassionate care as well as change the lives and well-being of their patients.
We believe that a nursing career on our team offers exceptional opportunities, particular as it lies within Mass General which is consistently ranked as a top hospital in the annual U.S. News & World Report.
Benefits and Opportunities
Mass General Transplant Center nurse coordinators receive the following benefits through the TRED program:
- A sense of community with team members, including peer-to-peer mentorship and regular meetings that inspire the sharing of ideas and best practices across teams
- Annual journal club and various team building activities
- Attendance at specialty conferences
- Opportunities for continuing education including access to national conferences and support in pursuing abstract submissions
- Peer support, study materials and study groups to help nurses pursue and obtain Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator certifications
- Reward and recognition of years of service
Nursing at the Mass General Transplant Center
Work for One of the Nation's Top Hospitals
Discover what makes Mass General not just one of the best places to receive care, but also one of the best places to work.
The Mass General Transplant Center
is a destination for those requiring transplant, and is the only center in the region to offer adult transplantation for every organ.