Michelle Rex Murphy, MS, OTR/L, CEAS, REAS, ergonomics specialist for Mass General Brigham, shares these quick stretches to do throughout the day.
If you're looking to expand to your list of heart-healthy recipes, this salmon dish is a great addition.
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can:
- Reduce inflammation throughout the body
- Lower blood pressure
- Decrease risk for stroke and heart failure
Paired with a tasty peach and avocado salsa, this dish is perfect for summer months.
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 lime, cut in half
- ¼ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound salmon, cut evenly into 4 pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 ripe peach, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, juice from half of the lime, and ¼ teaspoon of salt – set aside.
- Preheat broiler with oven rack 6-inches below the heat. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place salmon skin side down on foil-lined sheet. Squeeze juice from remaining lime half over the fish, then sprinkle with minced garlic, remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Broil for 4 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork (see note).
- While salmon is cooking, add the remaining ingredients to bowl with the onion.
- When salmon is fully cooked, remove from the oven and let rest 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve each piece topped with ¼ of the peach and avocado salsa.
The salmon will need about 4 to 6 minutes per ½-inch of thickness. The salmon should be fully cooked when the entire piece appears light pink throughout and feels slightly firm to the touch (or its internal temperature reaches 145 degrees).
Yield: 4 servings
Stuff leftover salmon into half a whole-wheat pita and top with peach and avocado salsa.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
- CALORIES: 220 calories
- TOTAL FAT: 10 grams
- SAT FAT: 1.5 grams
- SODIUM: 270 milligrams
- Carbohydrate: 8 grams
- FIBER: 2 grams
- SUGAR: 5 grams
- PROTEIN: 23 grams
- May | 18 | 2021
After more than a year of working from home, many people face the prospect of going back to the office. Soo Jeong Youn, PhD, talks through a few strategies to help make the transition back to the office a bit easier.
- May | 7 | 2021
Music and Mass General. These are the two things Andrew Marshall credits with saving his life, leading him to live out his passion for music today as a contestant on “The Voice.”
- Feb | 12 | 2021
After a successful launch on the pediatric inpatient units, the Journals of Hope Program has expanded into the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, where patients and families can find strength and hope through the power of writing.
- Jan | 22 | 2021
Dismorfia de Zoom: Cómo las llamadas frecuentes por Zoom podrían estar cambiando la forma en que nos percibimos a nosotros mismos
Al principio parecía inofensivo, pero a medida que la pandemia continúa, no puedo evitar darme cuenta de cómo las llamadas de Zoom podrían estar desencadenando nuevas inseguridades. ¿Siempre hemos tenido este aspecto? ¿Estamos utilizando filtros para mejorar nuestra apariencia?
- Patient Education
- Jan | 21 | 2021
With recommendations to stay at home this winter to help stop the spread of COVID-19, David Mischoulon, MD, PhD, offers insights on SAD and how to stay well at home this winter.