Mass General Cancer Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
Explore the Termeer Symposium
The Termeer Symposium, sponsored by the Henri and Belinda Termeer Center for Targeted Therapies, was established in 2012 as an opportunity for scientists, physicians, biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies and venture capital executives to join together for an evening of education and collaboration. Henri Termeer envisioned that this forum would serve as a platform from which new ideas would germinate around a major theme and serve as a springboard for future research and directions. Several current research initiatives are a direct result of prior roundtable discussions.
Henri A. Termeer
February 28, 1946 – May 12, 2017
Throughout his life, Mr. Termeer was dedicated to innovation in medical care, bringing both a creative and insightful vision, as well as profound compassion. As CEO of Genzyme, he championed personalized medicine for rare diseases, and as Trustee of Mass General, he contributed his wisdom and sharp intellect to the benefit of the entire institution.
The Henri and Belinda Termeer Center for Targeted Therapies was begun and sustained through Henri and Belinda’s vision and generosity and has meant access to early, breakthrough targeted and immunological therapies for hundreds of patients. His commitment to the Mass General Cancer Center was rooted in his deeply held belief that research and science could light the way for patients and that getting these discoveries to patients as quickly as possible was of paramount importance. Of equal importance was Henri’s unwavering conviction that innovative science that could impact one patient was of equal importance to the efforts that could impact many.
As a true friend and supporter of the Mass General Cancer Center, Henri Termeer brought to us passion and an inspiring, optimistic spirit. The Cancer Center will use the example he set to continue our commitment to ensuring that every patient is treated with the dedication and compassion that we would wish for our loved ones, and that our scientific research is pursued with that same passion and rigor.
View topics and programs from past Termeer Symposia:
- October 2017 | The Transformational Potential of Liquid Biopsies and Blood-Based Biomarkers: Using Predictive Analytics to Inform Cancer Drug Development and Treatment Strategies
- January 2017 | Precision Medicine 2.0: Conquering Heterogeneity and Therapeutic Resistance in Cancer
- 2016 | Inside the Cancer Immunotherapy Revolution: How Does Immunotherapy Actually Work and Who Benefits From It?
- 2015 | Overcoming Obstacles to Development of Combination Targeted Therapies
- 2014 | Who Will Pay for Tumor Genotyping and Other Advanced Cancer Diagnostics