- Recommended for: Nausea, Constipation, Taste Changes, High Protein, High Calorie
- Serves 2
- Provides 455 calories and 20g protein
Berry Lemon Chia Pudding
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1½ cups milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons grated, fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Blend the berries, milk, ginger, lemon and sweetener together on high until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the chia seeds and oats in a mixing bowl. Stir and allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes. Stir again, then transfer to the fridge for 1-2 hours (or overnight), until it has a thick, pudding-like texture. Top with lemon zest and more berries as desired!
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days!
- For a quick breakfast on treatment days, prepare this recipe the night before and divide into individual containers. This also makes a great snack between meals.
- Chia is high in fiber, which can help with constipation—a common side effect of many medications and certain chemotherapies. They are also rich in plant-based omega-3 fats, which are helpful for reducing inflammation in the body.
- Chemotherapy and radiation treatment can also cause nausea. Adding ginger and lemon to meals may help reduce nausea symptoms.
- Try sprinkling lemon zest on top for an extra zing of flavor!