This avocado alfredo is high in protein and calories, making it a great choice for patients experiencing weight loss while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Recommended for: High Calorie, High Protein, Taste Changes
- Nutrition: 725 calories, 22g protein
Recipe: Pesto Fried Egg Over Sourdough Ricotta Toast
This recipe is quick and easy, and uses multiple calorie boosters such as olive oil, pesto, and honey to make each bite as calorically dense as possible! A twist on your classic egg and toast with many delicious flavors which are great to include if you’re experiencing change in taste or lack of taste. The egg and ricotta make this a protein-packed breakfast choice with 22g protein (and 27g protein if you top your toast with 2 eggs!).
- 1 slice sourdough
- ¼ cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper
- On a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place sourdough bread on pan and toast on each side for 3-5 mins until golden brown
- Remove toast and add pesto to pan
- Crack 1 egg over the pesto and let cook for 5 mins
- Add a thin layer of ricotta to toast while egg cooks
- Once egg is cooked, place on top of ricotta toast
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
Nutrition: 725 calories, 22g protein.
Recipe provided by Cancer Center Nutrition Services.
Related News and Articles
- Patient Education
- Apr | 23 | 2021
Packed with vegetables, this tasty spring recipe has lots of fiber which can help relieve constipation, a common side effect of some cancer treatments.