Guide for Safe and Healthy Grocery Shopping and recipes for Cancer Patients during COVID-19.
Simple Tuna Niçoise Salad
- Recommended for: High Calorie, High Protein, Poor Appetite
- Serves 2
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the salad:
- 2 large eggs (optional)
- 1 cup green beans (fresh or frozen) or 8 frozen asparagus spears
- 8 baby potatoes, halved (or 1 small potato, cut into quarters)
- 1 can oil-packed tuna or salmon
- 8 olives
Optional ingredients (if available): grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, artichoke hearts, or fresh greens
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, pepper and sea salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in a medium pot (enough to cover eggs). Once boiling, add in eggs and cook for about 10 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of cold water, and chill for about 5 minutes. Peel and set aside.
- Then, add green beans (or asparagus spears) and potatoes to the same pot of boiling water. Cook until slightly tender (2 minutes for green beans/asparagus, and 5-10 minutes for potatoes). Transfer to a bowl of cold water and let chill. Remove and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Arrange all ingredients on a plate or on top of greens (if available). Drizzle dressing on top and serve.