Patient Education5 Minute ReadOct | 22 | 2019
Tropical Matcha Green Smoothie Recipe
- Recommended for: Difficulty Swallowing, High Protein, High Calorie, Poor Appetite, Diarrhea, Nausea/Vomiting, Beverages, Dry Mouth
- Serves 1
- Provides 415 calories, 22 grams protein per serving
Tropical Matcha Green Smoothie
- ½ banana
- ¼ avocado
- 4 slices cucumber
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 8 oz coconut water
- 1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
- 3-4 mint leaves (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add more coconut water if a thinner texture is desired.
This smoothie is a potassium powerhouse! Each serving provides about 1500 mg potassium, which is about 1/3 of the daily recommended intake. Potassium is an important mineral and electrolyte that is found inside of cells. Many different drugs, including some chemotherapies, can deplete the body’s potassium.
You also can lose potassium through common side effects of cancer treatments such as vomiting and diarrhea. Normal levels of potassium are important for the maintenance of heart and nervous system function.
Recipe provided by MGH Cancer Center Dietitians.
Centers and Departments
Support the Mass General Cancer Center
Your gift will open new doors in outstanding patient care, research, clinical education and community outreach.
Supportive Care Services
Our support programs can help patients and their families cope with the challenges of a cancer diagnosis.
The Story Project
The Story Project is our effort to capture the stories from the people in our Mass General Cancer Center community.