The new employee checklist below will help guide you through the onboarding process. We were all in your shoes at one point and hope this list of onboarding action items helps you feel more organized as you acclimate to the hospital and your new role.
NOTE: You will be able to begin completing the steps below on your start date, when you officially become an MGH employee. Until then, we encourage you take time to carefully review the information on this page and the rest of the new hire site. Your recruiter is available to assist you if you have any questions. Their name can be found on your offer letter. Otherwise, no further action is necessary until your start date.
New Employee Checklist
☐ Complete the I-9 ProcessCome onsite to present original supporting I-9 documents to Human Resources on your first day. Detailed instructions will be emailed to you on the Thursday or Friday prior to your start date. You may contact MGHNewHires@partners.org with any questions.
☐ Get Your Photo ID Badge
The first day you are required to work on campus, you can get your photo taken for your ID badge at the Police and Security Office on the main Mass General campus (Wang Building, 2nd floor, room 232). If you are transferring from Bulfinch Temporary status, Police and Security will apply an overlay to your badge reflecting your change in employment status. Employees are required to visibly wear their hospital ID badge while working onsite at Mass General or any Mass General Brigham affiliate.
☐ Complete Online New Employee Orientation (NEO)
You will need a laptop or desktop computer to complete NEO. The content cannot be accessed from mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets. If you do not have access to a computer or think you will have difficulty completing the online orientation due to limited English or familiarity with computers, please contact your recruiter as soon as possible for assistance.
Instructions to complete NEO:
- Complete Password Self Service to receive your Mass General Brigham User ID and set up a password. You will be asked to provide a phone number that will be used to verify your identity.
- Go to the HealthStream access page at www.partners.org/healthstream (to minimize the possibility of technical issues, use Google Chrome as your internet browser).
- Enter your Mass General Brigham User ID and password.
- If you are completing NEO offsite, you will be prompted to receive a confirmation code by either a text message or phone call to the number you provided in Password Self Service. Submit your selection. Upon receipt of the confirmation code, enter it on your screen.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will be defaulted to the “To Do” tab. Click MGH Online New Employee Orientation curriculum to begin. All 18 modules need to be completed. It typically takes about 5 hours to finish the training. If you stop at any point during the training, HealthStream will remember where you left off and return you to that section.
- Benefits-eligible employees: You have 30 days from your start date to enroll or opt out benefits available to you through Mass General. If you do not make a selection or opt out within this 30-day window, you will be automatically enrolled in the Partners Select, employee only coverage plan, and 2% of your weekly paycheck will be directed to a retirement savings plan.
Learn about the robust benefits options available to MGH employees.
The deadline to complete NEO is by the Thursday of your first week.
☐ Enter Your Personal Information in PeopleSoft (https://ibridge.partners.org)
You will be prompted to enter your Mass General Brigham user ID and password. You’ll be directed to the Employee Self Service landing page in PeopleSoft, the hospital’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS). It is important to keep your information current as changes occur. This will help ensure you receive important information from Human Resources in a timely manner.
Follow these steps:
- Employee Self Service > myDetails
- Review/update address/contact details
- Review/update self-identify veteran status
- Review/update self-identify disability status
- Enter flu vaccine status
- Employee Self Service > myPay
- Enter Direct Deposit Information
- Select “Remaining Balance” if you’d like your entire paycheck deposited into one account. You also have the option to deposit portions of your paycheck across multiple accounts using specific dollar amounts or percentages.
Direct deposit is mandatory for all new employees. Please have your bank account information (routing and account numbers) ready for you to enroll in direct deposit via PeopleSoft (our Human Resources Information System). You may add up to nine (9) bank accounts. The onsite Harvard University Employees Credit Union is available to all employees.
If you are unable to enroll in direct deposit you will need to be enrolled in our Pay Card program. Additional details are provided in the online New Employee Orientation modules.
- Enter your tax withholding information
- Call Payroll at 617-726-2148 if you have any questions
- Enroll in MBTA Pass (optional/if eligible)
- Call Parking and Commuter Services at 617-726-8886 if you have any questions
- Enter Direct Deposit Information
- Employee Self Service > myBenefits (if eligible, enter elections within 30 days):
Visit www.askmyhrportal.com or call 1-833-275-6947 with questions
- Click Select. It will take you to the benefits enrollment page
- If not taking medical insurance, select the appropriate “opt out” option. If you do not make a selection or opt out within this 30-day window, you will be automatically enrolled in the Partners Select, employee only coverage plan, and 2% of your weekly paycheck will be directed to a Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA).
- If opting out of the TSA, delete the 2% in Traditional TSA and leave the box blank. Refer to the online benefits module in HealthStream if you have questions about the TSA.
☐ Get Connected
- If you plan to use personal mobile devices for work purposes, call the Help Desk at 617-726-5085 for encryption instructions
- Go to the Mass General Brigham Telephone Directory to sign up for MGH Broadcast emails. Search your name, and check MGH under “Email Distribution Lists”
- Sign up for the voluntary Employee Alert System and choose to receive MGH emergency notifications via phone, text or email