What to Expect
Massachusetts General Hospital’s orientation for new employees is currently being held online through HealthStream, our learning management system. The online orientation modules provide the minimal required training for any new employee at Mass General, including an overview of policies, procedures, and programs at Mass General. All Mass General employees are required to complete the full online orientation in order to be in compliance with hospital policy.
Your First Week
- Review the instructions you received regarding the online New Employee Orientation. If you think you will have difficulty completing the online Orientation, please contact your recruiter ASAP for assistance.
- Complete Password Self Service to set up your User ID and password.
- Log into HealthStream and complete all New Employee Orientation modules by Thursday of your first week, along with additional new hire forms which explain MGH policies and procedures.
- Complete Form I-9 through HireRight and present original supporting I-9 documents to the New Hire Coordinator, following instructions sent to you via email.
- Log into PeopleSoft to complete contact information, direct deposit information, tax withholding forms, and MBTA pass enrollment.
- If you are eligible for benefits, make your benefits selections in PeopleSoft within your first 30 days of employment. If you are not enrolling in a medical insurance plan, select the appropriate “opt out” option to avoid automatic payroll deductions.
- If you plan to use personal mobile devices for work purposes, call the Help Desk at 617-726-5085 for encryption instructions.
- Go to the Mass General Brigham Telephone Directory to sign up for MGH Broadcast emails. Search your name, and check MGH under “Email Distribution Lists.”
- Sign up for the voluntary Employee Alert System to receive MGH emergency notifications via phone, text or email.
How to Get Your Photo ID Badge
You can get your photo taken for your ID badge at the Photo ID Office on the main MGH campus (Wang Building, room 232). If you are transferring from Bulfinch Temp status, Police and Security will apply an overlay to your badge reflecting your change in employment status. Employees are required to visibly wear their hospital ID badge while working onsite at Mass General or any Mass General Brigham affiliate.
A Special Note for Employees with Disabilities
MGH wishes to ensure that no individual with a disability is excluded, denied services, segregated or otherwise treated differently from other individuals because of the absence of auxiliary aids and services. If you are in need of auxiliary aids or services, please contact Shawn Fisher at email@example.com.