Documentation for Employment Eligibility Verification

Verification Form (I-9)

Original, unexpired identification and documentation for Employment Eligibility Verification must be presented on Day 1 or Day 2 of orientation.

MGH participates in E-Verify. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based system offered as a partnership between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) that is used to electronically check eligibility of a person to work in the US. The E-Verify screening uses information and proof of identity documentation gathered on the I-9 form (typically completed at new employee orientation). For more information on federal E- Verify requirements, please go to the USCIS website.

Social Security Card

Please note that the Social Security Card is absolutely necessary (regardless of documents presented for the I-9) to verify that your name and number in our Human Resources Information System is exactly as it appears on your Social Security Card. It is required that you bring this with you. We provide this information to the Social Security Administration for wage reporting purposes and need to ensure that our information is accurate.

If you need to replace a lost Social Security Card, you may go to any Social Security office and request a replacement card as soon as possible. The closest Social Security Administration office to MGH is at the Tip O'Neill building (10 Causeway Street). Find a Social Security Administration office near you. 

Bank Account Information to Enter into PeopleSoft 

Direct deposit is mandatory for all new employees. Please have your bank account information ready for you to enroll in direct deposit via PeopleSoft (our Human Resources Information System). You may add up to nine (9) bank accounts. Further instructions will be provided at orientation.

If you are unable to enroll in direct deposit you will need to be enrolled in our Pay Card program; additional details will be provided at orientation.

Additional New Hire Paperwork

Documents that new employees need to sign will be assigned to you electronically through HealthStream, our online Learning Management System. These documents include the Confidentiality Agreement, Standards of Professionalism and Behavior (Mission, Credo and Boundaries), Diversity Statement, Drug-Free Workplace Statement, Sexual Harassment Policy, and Pregnant Workers Fairness Act.