At MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC) we have the expertise and experience—as well as the state-of-the-art facilities and technologies — to provide exceptional care for our patients.
Our patients have complete access to the resources of world-renowned Massachusetts General Hospital, including innovative research and treatments. As our patients grow, they also benefit from the smooth transition of care between pediatric and adult services at Mass General.
- The oldest provider of pediatric services in Boston, MGHfC has provided comprehensive, compassionate care to children since 1821.
- MGHfC treats more than 170,000 patients annually, including both primary care visits and specialty care visits.
- Annually, more than 12,000 pediatric emergency visits, 3,000 admissions and 3,500 births take place at MGHfC.
- MGHfC is home to the only proton beam facility in New England, which allows our team to provide groundbreaking therapy for children with cancerous brain tumors, eye tumors and other illnesses.
- MGHfC staff is involved in global health initiatives in developing countries and participates in national and international disaster relief efforts.
We respect that the family is the center of the child’s life and what affects one member of a family unit has an effect on the entire family. We welcome families to participate in every aspect of the child’s care and encourage them to communicate their needs and those of their child. Family-centered care is built upon the core concepts of dignity and respect, information sharing, participation and collaboration between patients and families, and healthcare providers.
Care in the Local Community
We offer more than 12 community locations, a convenience for families throughout Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. In our regional hubs, located at Newton-Wellesley Hospital and North Shore Medical Center, our pediatric specialists and house staff work closely with local pediatricians to provide specialized care closer to home.
As part of Mass General, MGHfC shares the largest hospital-based research program in the United States. Over the years, our researchers have made significant advancements in genetics and genomics, imaging technologies, less invasive surgical techniques and an abundance of treatment options that are changing the way pediatric care is delivered.
Support MassGeneral Hospital for Children
When you donate your time, your talents or your financial contributions to MGHfC, you are making a real and lasting difference in the futures of children treated at the hospital.
We are dedicated to providing outstanding personalized, developmentally appropriate care for infants, children and adolescents within the context of their family and community. We recognize that excellence in patient care is the result of an interdisciplinary effort requiring collaboration from all members of the healthcare team. We are committed to providing the best care possible in a child friendly environment that includes dedicated pediatric emergency, day surgery, outpatient and inpatient services. We honor diversity, we encourage open discussion and respect the parent’s and child’s right to participate in the planning of care. We are advanced in our understanding of illness by sound medical research and education, empowered by skill and technology, and motivated by a commitment to excellence in pediatric practice that is sincere and compassionate.