At the Lurie Center for Autism, our mission is to treat individuals and support their families across their lifespan. The resources and information provided here aim to address common questions and concerns about ASD with evidence-based answers that have been reviewed by credentialed professionals on our staff. Our goal is to continually update this material as new information is discovered, evidence develops, and new research is published. Click the links below to view and download helpful guides.
Visiting the Lurie Center
- Lurie Center Tour – A visual tour of what to expect when you visit our Lexington location.
- Safety at the Lurie Center – Information about our Safety Team and how they support our patients.
- Autism Care Questionnaire (ACQ) – A brief survey completed by a patient or the patient’s caregiver prior to a planned or unplanned medical visit. The ACQ addresses non-medical needs of an individual with autism when receiving medical services. Parents/guardians are encouraged to fill out the ACQ.
- Prescription refills: How to Refill a Prescription
Visiting the Hospital
- Social Stories - See our expansive list of social stories for medical appointments and procedures.
- Preparing for your Diagnostic Imaging Appointment (MRI)
- "Helping people with autism spectrum disorder manage masks and COVID-19 tests"
- "Strategies to support teens and young adults with autism spectrum disorder during COVID-19"
Autism Spectrum Disorder – General Information and Tips
- Newly Diagnosed – What to Expect
- Transition and ASD (ages 14 – 22) (add Autism Transition Resources (PDF) to this page)
- Adults and ASD (over age 22)
- Restricted Interests in People with ASD
- Helpful Organziations and Websites (for additional content and articles, please follow this link)
Lurie Center: Topics Related to Autism Spectrum Disorder
Our Lurie Center clinicians provide information on frequently discussed topics, treatments and assessments related to ASD. Please see below for more information.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
- Parents' Guide to Biomedical Therapies
- Dimethylglycine (DMG)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Vitamin B6
- Evidence-Based Research
Gastroenterology and ASD
- Healthy Bowels
- Healthy Bowel Movement Tips
Medicine and ASD
Neurology and ASD
- Seizure and ASD