At the Lurie Center for Autism, our mission is to treat individuals and support their families across their lifespan. The resources and information provided here aim to address common questions and concerns about ASD with evidence-based answers that have been reviewed by credentialed professionals on our staff. Our goal is to continually update this material as new information is discovered, evidence develops, and new research is published. Click the links below to view and download helpful guides.
Visiting the Lurie Center
- Meet the Lurie Team - An overview of Lurie Center for Autism services and providers.
- Lurie Center Tour– A visual tour of what to expect when you visit our Lexington location.
- Safety at the Lurie Center – Information about our Safety Team and how they support our patients.
- Autism Care Questionnaire (ACQ) – A brief survey completed by a patient or the patient’s caregiver prior to a planned or unplanned medical visit. The ACQ addresses non-medical needs of an individual with autism when receiving medical services. Parents/guardians are encouraged to fill out the ACQ.
- Prescription Refills: How to Refill a Prescription
Visiting the Hospital
- Social Stories - See our expansive list of social stories for medical appointments and procedures.
- "Helping people with autism spectrum disorder manage masks and COVID-19 tests"
- "Strategies to support teens and young adults with autism spectrum disorder during COVID-19"
Autism Spectrum Disorder – General Information and Tips
- Diagnosing Autism Fact Sheet - (Autism Insurance Resource Center)
- Autism: What You Need to Know
- Restricted Interests in People with ASD
- Helpful Organizations and Websites (for additional content and articles)
Lurie Center: Topics Related to Autism Spectrum Disorder
Our Lurie Center clinicians provide information on frequently discussed topics, treatments and assessments related to ASD. Please see below for more information.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
- Parents' Guide to Biomedical Therapies
- Dimethylglycine (DMG)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Vitamin B6
- Evidence-Based Research
Gastroenterology and ASD
- Healthy Bowels
- Healthy Bowel Movement Tips
Medicine and ASD
- Pills: Learning How to Swallow a Pill
Neurology and ASD
- Seizure and ASD
- How to Help Someone You Care For If They Have a Seizure (PDF)
Psychology and ASD
Related and Co-Occurring Conditions
Sexuality and ASD
Technology and ASD
Transition Services and Supports
DDS Autism Support Centers | Mass.gov (Massachusetts Statewide Autism Support Centers)
- Transition-Factsheet-616.pdf (thearcofmass.org)
- MRC Transition Services For Students and Youth | Mass.gov
- Massachusetts Transition to Adulthood | Facebook