Pediatric Cardiology at MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC) welcomed four new providers to the team. In doing so, care services have been expanded from the main campus in Boston to Braintree, southern New Hampshire, Worcester, Cape Cod Hospital and at Tufts Medical Center.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General for Children-Worcester
33 Oak Avenue
Worcester, MA 01605-2752
Mass General for Children-Fitchburg
881 South St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
- MD, University of the Philippines College of Medicine
- Residency, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Fellowship, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Cardiology, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Clinical research interests primarily revolved around non-invasive echocardiographic assessment of: cardiac function in chronically paced patients, graft rejection in heart transplant patients, three-dimensional imaging, right ventricular function and postoperative aortopathy.
- Tantengco MV, Bates J, Ryan T, Feigenbaum H, Brown J, Darragh R, Caldwell R, Ensing G. Dynamic three-dimensional echocardiographic reconstruction of congenital cardiac septation defects. Pediatr Cardiol 1997; 18: 184-190.
- Tantengco MV, Ross RD, Humes RA, Sullivan N, Joshi V, Clapp SK, Epstein M. Enhanced resting left ventricular filling in patients with successful coarctation repair and exercise-induced hypertension. Am Heart J 1997; 134: 1028-1088.
- Tantengco MV, Humes RA, Clapp SK, Lobdell KW, Walters HL, Hakimi M, Epstein M. Aortic root dilation after the Ross procedure. Am J Cardiol 1999; 83: 915-920.
- Rodriguez-Cruz E, Karpawich PP, Lieberman RA, Tantengco MV. Biventricular pacing as an alternative therapy for dilated cardiomyopathy associated with congenital heart disease. PACE 2001; 24: 235-237.
- Tantengco MV, Thomas R, Karpawich PP. Left ventricular dysfunction following chronic right ventricular apical pacing in the young. J Am Coll of Cardiol 2001; 37: 2093-2100.
- Chintala K, Tantengco MV. Echocardiographic Assessment of right ventricular function. Pediatric Ultrasound Today 2002; 7:66-84.
- Horenstein MS, Karpawich PK, Tantengco MV. Single vs. dual chamber pacing in the young; non-invasive comparative evaluation of cardiac function. PACE 2003; 26: 1208-1211.
- Villavicencio RE, Humes RA, Epstein ME, Walters HL, Hakimi M, Thomas RL, Tantengco MV. Abrupt aortic root dilation after the Ross Procedure – is this a progressive phenomenon: J Cardiac Surgery, 2003; 18:384-389.