You have been scheduled to have a fetal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) at MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC). This handout will answer some frequently asked questions about fetal MRIs and help you prepare for your appointment.
What are the Benefits of a Fetal MRI?
- It is a good way to learn more about your baby’s face, eyes, brain, spine, chest, stomach or urinary tract.
- It lets doctors see your baby’s body in more detail than on an ultrasound.
- It can give you a better idea of what to expect after your baby is born and as he/she grows and develops.
- How Fetal MRIs are Performed
- Benefits of a Fetal MRI
- Safety of Fetal MRI
- Results from Your Fetal MRI