Getting Started with e-Visits: A Patient's Guide
NO PHONE CALL OR VIDEO VISIT NEEDED!
The e-Visit requires that you fill out a questionnaire and send photos instead.
Please note: eVisits are for patients who have received a link from their doctor. If you are trying to establish care, please call 617-726-2914 to book an appointment.
Your doctor’s office has contacted you about an e-visit. What is that?
- Your doctor may recommend this for periodic check-in. It is a good option if your skin condition has been stable but your doctor needs to continue safety monitoring
- Allows check-in to happen asynchronously (you send your part, then later on doctor replies) rather than a video or phone call
- If you are not offered an eVisit, it is because we do not have a questionnaire for your condition yet. Stay tuned – we’re always updating
- e-Visit cannot replace all your office visits
What is required for an e-visit?
- The one-time registration link will be from:
"Siegal Botti, Eirian L." <ESIEGAL-BOTTI@mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Welcome to eVisits!
- Sign up as soon as you get eVisit registration email
- Be sure to check your spam folder
- On the day of your e-visit, you will get email reminder to log in
- Fill out the questionnaire
- Load photo of your affected skin areas
- (If needed) Have labs collected at an MGH-affiliated lab
e-Visits are for patients who have received a link from their doctor. If you are trying to establish care, please call 617-726-2914 to book an appointment.
Now, sit back and wait for your e-Visit dateAfter you register, you will be able to see dates for any upcoming appointments.
It's an e-Visit Day!
- You will get an email reminder that it’s your eVisit day
From: "Office of Dr. [your doctor's name]"
Subject eVisits Reminder: Get Labs
- Please log in and fill out the questionnaire and load photos on your eVisit day, so we don’t delay your care!
Tips for completing the questionnaire
- If you are experiencing a side effect – include as much detail as possible for your doctor
- There is a space at the bottom of the questionnaire that you can add free-text information that you think will be helpful for your doctor
- You can reach us at:
- Weekdays, business hours: 617-726-2914
- Evenings, weekends: 617-726-2000 (main hospital line and ask for dermatologist on-call to be paged)
Tips for taking photos—at least 3 photos!
- Stand in a well-lit room (natural lighting is preferable).
- Ask a friend or family member to take the photos
- Include images from a distance to show how your skin condition is distributed
- Include close-ups to show texture/quality of your skin condition
- If you are submitting a picture of a mole or growth, put a ruler (mm side) next to the lesion and photograph
- Double-check that photos are not blurry (otherwise, re-take)
Get labs collected at a MGH-affiliated lab
If you have any questions, we are here
- If possible, please message via Patient Gateway. Click on Enroll Now if you don’t have a login already
- Weekdays business hours: 617-726-2914
- Weekends: 617-726-2000 (main hospital line and ask for dermatologist on-call to be paged)