Preparing for Your Dermatology Visit at Mass General
Call to Schedule a Dermatology Appointment
We are a full-service center of dermatological excellence. Call our main number below to schedule appointments for our Boston and Danvers locations.
Welcome to the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Dermatology. We are a full-service center of Dermatological Excellence. All services are offered at 50 Staniford Street, Boston, MA.
Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of time to fill out any paperwork. Please bring the following:
- Insurance card
- Government-issued identification card
- Prescription card
- Co-payment if your insurance plan requires it
- A list of your current medications
- On your first visit, you may be asked to sign a (HIPAA) privacy form.
Services not covered by insurance require full payment at the time of service. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa for payments.
For your convenience, download and print:
- Directions and parking information (PDF)
- Estacionamientos e indicaciones para llegar al Departmento de Dermatologia (PDF)
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete necessary paperwork. Please allow additional time for driving, parking, and/or taking public transportation especially during peak hours.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you risk the chance of a long wait or a possible rescheduling of your appointment.
Download and Print Medical Release Forms
- Medical Release Form (English) (PDF)
- Medical Release Form in Spanish: Autorización Para Expedir/Recibir Información Médica Protegida (Amparada por Ley) (PDF)
Download and Print New Patient Forms
If you are a new patient to Medical Dermatology and would like to fill out forms ahead of your visit, just download and print the appropriate PDF form. Please sign forms in pen:
- New Adult Patient History (PDF)
- Historia del Paciente Adulto Nuevo (PDF)
- Pediatric New Patient History (PDF)
- Historia del Paciente Pediátrico Nuevo (PDF)
Effective April 1, 2013: Missed Appointment Policy
All patients are required to give at least 24 hours advanced notice when cancelling an appointment.
Failure to give 24 hours notice ("Same Day Cancellation") or giving no notice at all ("No Show") will result in a penalty.
Please read the Missed Appointment Policy. (Leer sobre una cita perdida en Español (PDF).)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I check my appointment online?
Yes, you can access your appointments online at Patient Gateway.
What is the best time to call for appointments?
The best times to call for appointments are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to noon and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
Call to Schedule an Appointment
The best times to call for an appointment are Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 1:00 pm-5:00 pm.