Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, PhD, SUNY at Stony Brook School of Medicine
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Molecular Genetic Pathology, American Board of Medical Genetics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research in the Iafrate laboratory focuses on bringing new genetic technologies to cancer diagnostics and their application to the practice of pathology. Initially research focused on lung cancer, but our approach is expanding to all malignancies. For more information about research concepts, co-authors, and to see a timeline, visit Dr. Iafrate's profile at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
- Dendritic Cells in Kidney Transplant Biopsy Samples Are Associated with T Cell Infiltration and Poor Allograft Survival. Batal I, De Serres SA, Safa K, Bijol V, Uneo T, Onozato ML, Iafrate AJ, Herter JM, Lichtman AH, Mayadas TN, Guleria I, Rennke HG, Najafian N, Chandraker A. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015 Apr 8. Epub ahead of print]
- RB loss in resistant EGFR mutant lung adenocarcinomas that transform to small-cell lung cancer. Niederst MJ, Sequist LV, Poirier JT, Mermel CH, Lockerman EL, Garcia AR, Katayama R, Costa C, Ross KN, Moran T, Howe E, Fulton LE, Mulvey HE, Bernardo LA, Mohamoud F, Miyoshi N, VanderLaan PA, Costa DB, J?nne PA, Borger DR, Ramaswamy S, Shioda T, Iafrate AJ, Getz G, Rudin CM, Mino-Kenudson M, Engelman JA. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 11;6:6377.
- Multi-institutional Oncogenic Driver Mutation Analysis in Lung Adenocarcinoma: The Lung Cancer Mutation Consortium Experience. Sholl LM, Aisner DL, Varella-Garcia M, Berry LD, Dias-Santagata D, Wistuba II, Chen H, Fujimoto J, Kugler K, Franklin WA, Iafrate AJ, Ladanyi M, Kris MG, Johnson BE, Bunn PA, Minna JD, Kwiatkowski DJ; LCMC Investigators. J Thorac Oncol. 2015 May;10(5):768-77.