MGPO Opioid Task Force
Seeking Solutions to the Opioid Epidemic
Mass General: A Leader in Community Health
Mass General was awarded the Foster G. McGaw Prize for Excellence in Community Service, in recognition of a commitment to improving community health and welfare. Our initiative to address the opioid crisis was recognized as an essential part of our ongoing mission to the community.
Sarah Wakeman, MD
We want to be sure we have a balanced approach for folks who are having severe pain, but we also want to make sure we have treatment available for those who have actually developed an addiction.
Substance Use Disorders Initiative medical director
National Recovery Month
Mass General and the Substance Use Disorders Initiative mark the annual event with a host of activities.
Mass General's Prescription Take-Back Program
Dispose of unused/expired prescription medications in our container across from the outpatient pharmacy (1st floor, Wang building).
Opioid Task Force FAQ
Get answers to frequently asked questions about Mass General's efforts to curb the opioid crisis.
Meet the esteemed members of the MGPO Opioid Task Force.
- Medical Director, Substance Use Disorders Initiative
- Program Director, Addiction Medicine Fellowship
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard University
- Associate Chief for Clinical Affairs, General Medicine Unit
- MGPO Associate Medical Director for Primary Care
- Medical Director, Mass General Care Management Program