Please join us in congratulating the 13 Mass General orthopaedic surgeons named Top Doctors by Boston magazine for 2022. This impressive achievement is a testament to the commitment of our clinical team to providing safe, high-quality care while ensuring an exceptional patient experience.
Jon J.P. Warner, MD
Jon J.P. Warner, MD
Co-Chief, Shoulder Service
Shoulder Orthopaedic Surgeon
Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Shoulder Service at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
3rd Floor, Suite 3300
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Residency, Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program
- Residency, Strong Memorial, Univ. of Rochester
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Cornell - Hospital For Special Surgery
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Outcomes Research: The focus of our research is to analyze all outcomes in order to improve care. Our prospective registry allows us to measure patient-reported outcomes including the process of recovery, the amount of pain and improved function, and the durability of the recovery. Together with other analysis of groups of patients our focus is to improve the value of the care delivered to all patients with shoulder problems.
- Woodmass JM, Wagner ER, Borque KA, Chang MJ, Welp KM, Warner JJP: Superior Capsular Reconstruction using derman allograft: Early outcomes and survival. J Shoulder Elbow Surgery. 2019, June;28(6S):S100-109.
- Wagner ER, Chang MJ, Welp KM, Solberg MJ, Hunt TJ, Woodmass JM, Higgins LD, Warner JJP: The impact of reverse prosthesis on revision shoulder arthroplasty: analysis of a high-volume shoulder practice. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019 Feb;28(2):e49-e56.
- Menendez ME, Lawler SM, Shaker J, Bassoff NW, Warner JJP, Jawa A: Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing to identify Patients Incurring High Inpatient Cost for Total Shoulder Arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg AM. 2018 Dec 5;100(23):2050-2056.
- Woodmass JM, Welp KM, Chang MJ, Borque KA, Wagner ER, Warner JJP: A reduction in the rate of nerve injury after Latarjet: a before-after study of neuromonitoring. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018 Dec;27(12):2153-2158.
- Wagner ER, Woodmass JM, Welp KM, Chang MJ, Elhassan BT, Higgins LD, Warner, JJP: Novel Arthroscopic Tendon Transfers for Postero-superior Rotator Cuff Tears: Latissimus Dorsi and Lower Trapezius Transfers. JBJS Essent Surg Tech 2018 Apr 25;8(2):e12.
- Woodmass JM, Wagner ER, Chang MJ, Welp KM, Elhassan BT, Higgins LD, Warner JJP: Arthroscopic treatment of Massive Postero-superior Rotator Cuff Tears ;A Critical Analysis Review. JBJS Rev. 2018 Sep;6(9):e3.
Related News and Articles
- May | 8 | 2017
Three-dimensional planning software may improve outcomes for shoulder arthroplasty. The technology allows surgeons to install the prosthetic joint with greater foresight and precision.