Episode #27 of the Charged podcast
Kelly McInnis, DO
Kelly McInnis, DO
Sports Medicine Physiatrist
Team Physician: Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots; Consultant: Boston Ballet, Boston Bruins, New England Revolution
Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Sports Medicine Service
Charles River Plaza
175 Cambridge St., 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Foxborough
20 & 22 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035
Sports Medicine at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
3rd Floor, Suite 3300
Waltham, MA 02451
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital***
- Fellowship, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital***
American Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. McInnis focuses her clinical research on musculoskeletal overuse injuries including tendinopathy and bone stress injury; with a special interest in understanding the differences in the biomechanics of the female athlete.
- Borg-Stein J, McInnis KC, Dugan S, Mottola M, Gruber J. Evaluation and management of musculoskeletal and pelvic disorders of pregnancy. Crit Rev Phys Rehabil Med 2006;18:187-204.
- Nguyen R, Borg-Stein J, McInnis K. Applications of platelet-rich plasma in musculoskeletal and sports medicine: an evidence-based approach. PM&R 2011;3: 226-50.
- Curry EJ, Logan C, Ackerman K, McInnis KC, Matzkin EG. Female athlete triad awareness among multispecialty physicians. Sports Med Open. 2015;38:1-7.
- Ramey L, Palmer WE, McInnis KC. Femoral neck stress fracture: can MRI grade help predict return-to-running time? Am J Sports Med. 2016 Aug;44(8):2122-9.
- McInnis KC, Ramey L. High risk stress fractures: evaluation and management. PM&R supplement: Advanced Concepts and Controversies in Sports Medicine 2016; 8: S113-S12.
- Chen E, Borg-Stein J, McInnis KC. Ankle sprains: evaluation, rehabilitation and prevention. Curr Sports Med Rep 2019;18(6):217-223.
Related News and Articles
- Jan | 7 | 2023
Kelly McInnis, DO, recently received the 2023 David Moyer Award from the Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association.
- Sep | 3 | 2022
Dr. Kelly McInnis, a sports medicine physician, was honored by Boston College, her alma mater.
- Oct | 22 | 2021
Sports medicine physiatrist and Harvard Athletics team physician, Dr. Kelly McInnis, works with the local collegiate crew athletes competing in the Head of the Charles Regatta.
- Patient Story
- Oct | 5 | 2020
For 25-year-old Emily Mellen, running is everything. So when hip and knee pain started flaring up during her runs, she knew one thing for certain: She wasn't giving up her sport without a fight.