Haylee Borgstrom, MD
Haylee Borgstrom, MD
Sports Medicine Physiatrist
Instructor of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Sports Medicine Center
175 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, UC Davis School of Medicine
- Residency, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Fellowship, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Borgstrom's clinical research interests include sports and overuse injuries with an emphasis on the effects of anatomy and biomechanics in female and adaptive sport athletes. Additional research interests include orthobiologic injections and regenerative medicine.
- Borgstrom H, McInnis KC. Female Athlete Hip Injuries: A Narrative Review. Clin J Sport Med. 2020. Epub ahead of print.
- Blauwet CA, Borgstrom H, Tenforde AS. Bone Health in Adaptive Sports Athletes. Sports Med Arthrosc Rev. 2019;27(2):60-66.
- Tenforde AS, Borgstrom H, Outerleys J, Davis IS. Is Cadence Related to Leg Length and Load Rate? J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2019;49(4):280-283.
- Borgstrom H, Saxena A, Tenforde, A.S. Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy in Lower Limb Sports Injuries. Curr Phys Med Rehabil Rep. 2019;7:204-215.
- Borgstrom H, Tenforde AS. Biological Risk Factors for Bone Stress Injury. Tenforde and Fredericson (Eds), Bone Stress Injuries: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention. New York: Demos Medical/Springer Publishing Company, 2020: in press.
- Gundersen A, Borgstrom H, McInnis K. Trunk injuries in athletes. Curr Sports Med Rep: in press.
- Tenforde AS, Iaccarino MA, Borgstrom H, Hefner JE, Silver J, Ahmed M, Babu AN, Blauwet CA, Elson L, Eng C, Kotler D, Homer S, Makovitch S, McInnis KC, Vora A, and Borg-Stein J. (2020), Telemedicine During COVID-19 for Outpatient Sports and Musculoskeletal Medicine Physicians. PM&R. 2020;12:926-932.