Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-3487
Waltham, MAPhone: 617-726-3487
Chelsea, MAPhone: 617-884-8300
About Jennifer Skolnik, DPM
Dr. Jennifer Skolnik believes in providing high-quality, comprehensive podiatric care tailored to each individual. She listens to her patients’ concerns and works with them to develop a treatment plan to match their lifestyle and goals.
Dr. Skolnik earned her Bachelor of Science degree from The Pennsylvania State University and went on to earn her Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine degree from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine. She then completed a four-year comprehensive podiatric medicine and surgery residency at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA, where she served as chief resident in her fourth year. She received extensive training in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery including forefoot and rearfoot reconstructive surgery, diabetic limb salvage, and management of traumatic foot and ankle injuries. Her training also included a two-month rotation at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, where she participated in the care of adult and pediatric patients with complex lower extremity deformities.
Contributing to and advancing the scientific literature and research related to foot and ankle pathology is very important to Dr. Skolnik. She has published numerous peer-reviewed articles as well as delivered several poster and manuscript presentations at national and regional podiatric scientific conferences.
In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and hiking.
- Arthritis of the foot
- Diabetic foot & ulcer treatment
- Foot fractures
- Foot sprains
- Foot strains
- Foot surgery
- Heel pain
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Sports medicine
- Wound care
Foot & Ankle Service: Podiatry
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/Newton-Wellesley Foot & Ankle Center
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
Chelsea HealthCare Center
151 Everett Ave.
Chelsea, MA 02150
- DPM, Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Residency, Temple University Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Podiatric Medicine, American Board of Podiatric Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Skolnik's research interests include understanding and improving outcomes and healing in patients with diabetic foot disease as well as understanding contributing factors and developing advancements to improve patient outcomes in foot and ankle surgery.
See a complete list of my publications.
- Meyr, AJ, Skolnik, J, Mateen, S, & Sansosti, LE. (2021). A comparison of adverse short-term outcomes following forefoot amputation performed on an inpatient versus outpatient basis. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- Mateen, S, Skolnik, J, Oresanya, L, Choi, ET, & Meyr, AJ. (2021). Responsiveness and Inter-Rater Reliability of the Pulse Volume Recording Upstroke Ratio (PVRr). Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- Meyr, AJ, Mateen, S, Skolnik, J, & Choi, ET. (2021). Approximation of the ankle-brachial index in the setting of medial arterial calcific sclerosis. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- Skolnik, J, Weiss, R, Meyr, AJ, Dhanisetty, R, Choi, ET, Cunningham-Hill, M, Rubin, D, & Oresanya, L. (2021). Evaluating the Impact of Medial Arterial Calcification on Outcomes of Infrageniculate Endovascular Interventions for Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, 55(4), 382-388.
- Skolnik, J, Pontious, J, & Hasenstein, T. (2021). Development of Multiple Epidermal Inclusion Cysts after Radiofrequency Microtenotomy for Plantar Fasciitis: A Case Report. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 60(5), 1088-1093.
- Meyr, AJ, Mateen, S, Skolnik, J & Van, JC. (2021). Evaluation of the Relationship Between Aspects of Medical Complexity and Work Relative Value Units (wRVUs) for Foot and Ankle Surgical Procedures. Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 60(3), 448-454.
- Anselmo, DS, Skolnik, J, Keeter, E, El-Sayed, AM, & Love, E. (2018). Comparative Evaluation of Radiographic Parameters of Foot Pronation in Two Different Conditions versus Barefoot. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, 108(4), 285-291.
Hear from Dafang Zhang, MD
In this interview, Brigham & Women’s Hospital surgeon Dafang Zhang, MD, discusses Mass General Brigham’s Brachial Plexus Program in depth.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings