MGH Screening Technologies in Primary Care Innovation Fund
There is great promise for the development of new technologies to detect disease or disease risk factors at an earlier stage in the primary care setting.
However, innovative screening technologies are frequently difficult to get off the ground due to challenges conducting research in the primary care setting and difficulties translating and commercializing technologies that need to be implemented in a cost-effective manner and on a large scale.
Thanks to philanthropic support from a generous family and the combined effort of the Department of Medicine and the Tearney Lab at MGH, a new primary care effort focused on translating technology to detect disease or disease risk factors at an earlier, more treatable or preventable stage has been created.
To populate this technology pipeline, we have initiated a pilot funding program to support proof-of-concept projects that advance promising new primary care screening technologies.
This program will not only identify new investigators with great ideas but will also provide them with the mentoring and support that are so critical to the successful realization of innovative ideas.
We therefore invite applications for pilot grant funding from MGH investigators who are conducting research developing or validating primary care screening technologies.
Award: One pilot grant will be funded for one year at $50,000 (direct costs).
- Principal Investigator's NIH formatted biosketch
- Three-page proposal including:
- Project title with contact information for the Principal Investigator
- Abstract (200 words)
- Description of project, including background, significance, and research plan
- Budget allocation
- One letter of support
- Due date for proposals is November 30, 2019
- Proposals will be reviewed by an internal committee with expertise on primary care screening technology development, clinical translation and commercialization
- Funding will begin on January 2, 2020
Please prepare the application as a single, merged PDF and submit to PCIF@mgh.harvard.edu
Please address all inquiries to The Primary Care Innovation Fund Committee
Please email any questions to Princess Cruz