Patients and Families
Our clinical social workers are licensed mental health professionals trained to help you cope with daily challenges to life's most difficult situations. We offer a unique combination of counseling and referral to community resources.
As social workers and members of the Mass General community, we are dedicated to ensuring an environment that is safe, accessible, inclusive and welcoming to everyone.
Social work services are private and confidential. (Link to Q&A question 4)
Social workers are available throughout Mass General, both inpatient and outpatient, to help you with issues such as:
- Coping with illness, injury, treatment and recovery
- Mental health or substance use concerns
- Grief and bereavement
- Relationships, parenting or family concerns
- Abuse, neglect, violence and other safety issues
- Job, school or other life stresses
Social Service Department
Wang Ambulatory Care Center, Suite 023
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
First-in-the-nation hospital social service department; established 1905