Social work services are available across the hospital, including all inpatient floors and many outpatient clinics. Service areas include:
- All inpatient areas (e.g., medicine, surgery)
- Emergency Department
- Cancer Center
- Fertility, Gynecology, Obstetrics
- Infectious Disease
- Outpatient Mental Health (For Mass General primary care patients 18 and over)
- Transplant Center
If you are receiving care at Mass General, you may ask your doctor or nurse if there is a social worker available to you.
- HAVEN (Helping Abuse and Violence End Now) - intimate partner abuse program
- Facing Forward – free medical treatment for those with lasting injury resulting from violence by an intimate partner
- VIAP (Violence Intervention Advocacy Program) - community violence intervention program
- iCMP (Integrated Care Management Program) - helps patients improve their health by identifying barriers to care, which once addressed lead to good health outcomes
- Gender Affirming Care/Transgender Health Program - provides specialized counseling and care coordination to Transgender Health Program patients and mental health evaluations for those planning gender affirmation surgery at Mass General.
- Palliative Care - provides specialized, multidisciplinary medical care for people with serious illnesses. It is focused on improving quality of life for both the patient and the family.
- Also see our Support Groups page
You can also see our About Us page to learn more about what clinical social workers do at Mass General.
Need more information? Please call us at 617-726-2643.
Nursing & Patient Care Services
Nursing & Patient Care Services at Mass General works hospital-wide to deliver the highest quality patient care and excellence in clinical practice.