Research Management in the Department of Surgery
The Department of Surgery’s research management team is responsible for a broad range of functions supporting the department-wide research enterprise. Our goal is to provide the best environment possible for our research faculty and staff.
Our Commitment to Faculty and Staff
The Department of Surgery’s research administration team serves as a central resource for the department’s faculty and staff, providing exceptional research administrative services to further the growth of the investigators and their activities, while also effectively managing risks and opportunities.
Supporting the Entire Grant Life Cycle and More
Research administration provides the research community with a variety of services in order to facilitate excellence across all research activities as well as support the values and growth of our outstanding researchers.
Services provided by the Department of Surgery Research Administration:
- Funding opportunity identification
- Proposal development
- Award setup, management and closeout
- Quarterly and annual progress reports
- Effort reporting
- Employee onboarding
- Visa sponsorship
- Research space management
- Asset management
Internal Resources For Faculty and Staff
The following resources are only accessible to Mass General Brigham (MGB) employees. Viewers will be prompted to input credentials in order to view the content.
- The MGB insight app
- Research navigator
- The clinical trials office
- Request badge access
- Mass General buildings and grounds work request
- Submit a Helpdesk ticket
- Mass General research intranet
External Resources for Faculty and Staff
The following resources are accessible for all viewers, both within and outside of Mass General Brigham.
- Harvard Catalyst profiles
- Research information, science and computing
- Center for Comparative Medicine
- Division of Clinical Research
- Parking and commuter services
Meet the individuals who make up the Mass General Department of Surgery Research Administration team. Click on their names to view the surgical research areas that they lead and how to contact them.
Michelle is the senior administrative manager and the administrative point-of-contact for the following surgical divisions and centers:
- Burns Center
- Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Mark Watson is the senior grant administrator and the administrative point-of-contact for the following surgical divisions and centers:
- Codman Center for Clinical Effectiveness in Surgery
- Division of Cardiac Surgery
- Division of Thoracic Surgery
- Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Organ Engineering