How to Volunteer
Help us make a world of difference by becoming a volunteer at Massachusetts General Hospital. All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and must commit to at least 4 months of uninterrupted volunteer service. High school students who are interested in volunteering at Mass General can learn more about our Junior Volunteer Program by calling 617-726-8540.
- Create an account using our online system (HealthStream).
- Sign on to our online system with your new account and read the virtual orientation document.
- Complete the required forms as indicated.
- Schedule and attend an in-person interview with one of our staff.
- If you are accepted into the volunteer program, you will:
- Complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)
- Submit the medical and non-medical requirements for volunteering
- Review descriptions of available volunteer service opportunities
- Determine your assignment
- Discuss each placement area training and on-boarding procedures
These requirements are designed to ensure a safe and healthy environment for patients, family and staff. If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Department at 617-726-8540.