Months after college graduation, Mass General employee Erin Morrissey was diagnosed with a rare form of adrenal cancer. Taking to social media to share her journey and inspire others, Erin emphasizes the importance of being your own health advocate, leaning into research, and seeking support.
Elizabeth and Michael Ruane
Center for Endocrine Tumors
Mass General Cancer Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
Support the Elizabeth and Michael Ruane Center for Endocrine Tumors
Help our committed caregivers at the Elizabeth and Michael Ruane Center for Endocrine Tumors to provide the best possible care to patients while pursuing groundbreaking new therapies. Make a gift.
Explore the Elizabeth and Michael Ruane Center for Endocrine Tumors
The Elizabeth and Michael Ruane Center for Endocrine Tumors at Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center is a comprehensive program specializing in the treatment of all types of benign and malignant endocrine tumors.
Although many endocrine conditions are benign (non-cancerous), our program combines the resources of the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and the Massachusetts General Hospital Division of Endocrinology to provide advanced treatment for all patients.
Learn more about our treatment programs for:
Our program is one of the largest and most specialized in the country in treating disorders of the endocrine system. Among the innovations that make our program distinct are:
- Collaboration from a wide range of clinical experts, including endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons, oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, specialized nursing staff and a wide range of support services.
- Pioneering approaches to the treatment of endocrine disorders; from the first operation for hyperparathyroidism in 1926 to the most advanced diagnostics, procedures and medical therapies of today.
- Our endocrine surgeons' extensive, high volume surgical experience in the diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands, including effective, minimally-invasive procedures.
- Advanced clinical trials to find better therapies for endocrine tumors.
Advanced Thyroid Cancer Center
The Massachusetts General Hospital–Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Advanced Thyroid Cancer Center provides unique multidisciplinary tertiary care for patients with advanced thyroid malignancy. Learn more about the Advanced Thyroid Cancer Center.
Meet the Team
Meet our multidisciplinary team of endocrine tumor specialists.
- Section Head, Endocrine Surgery Program
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School
- Attending Surgeon, Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care, Danvers
- Co-Director Thyroid Associates
- Medical Director Endocrine Tumor Center
- Co-Director, Endocrine Tumor Genetics Program
Patient Education & Resources
Surgical Outcomes for the Glands
The Center for Outcomes & Patient Safety in Surgery (COMPASS) ensures that surgical data is transparent and accessible for patients. Watch the video to view Mass General's performance for procedures to treat conditions of the adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid glands.