MGH Aspire Mission and Methodology
At MGH Aspire, our high-quality programs help children, teens, and adults develop positive social communication skills so that they can succeed at home, school, work, or in community settings. Our focus is on teaching and implementing our "3S" model - to improve every individual's self-awareness, social competence, and management of stress and anxiety.
All of MGH Aspire’s programs and services help participants to:
- Develop self-awareness and an understanding of their strengths and challenges.
- Improve social competence.
- Enhance the management of stress by using relaxation techniques and other effective practices.
MGH Aspire’s programs and services are offered within one or more of the following categories: recreational, social, educational, community, employment.
MGH Aspire uses a multi-disciplinary approach that is tailored to the needs of the individual and is sensitive to the context of the participant. We focus on the following:
- Improving Social Competence by Teaching Ways of Thinking and Being Social
- Integration of Mind and Body
- Technology as Tool for Self-Awareness
- Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
- Strength Based Interventions
- Group Development Theory
- Sensory Awareness
MGH Aspire serves children, teens, and adults with high cognitive autism spectrum disorder or a related profile. Many have challenges with stress management, anxiety, social communication, impulse control, attention, organization, or demonstrate sensory differences. Typical diagnoses include Asperger's syndrome, high functioning autism, PDD-NOS, and non-verbal learning disabilities; however, not all participants have a formal diagnosis. MGH Aspire strives to serve all participants regardless of their economic background.
Brand Information and Resources
To download our brand brochure and flyers, click on the links below.