Our mission is to proactively and competently deliver protective and supportive services to the Mass General community, facilitating a welcoming, accessible and safe environment.
Between 50,000 and 70,000 people travel through Massachusetts General Hospital facilities each day. The members of the Massachusetts General Hospital Police, Security & Outside Services Department are committed to being “leaders in service and protection” in providing proactive protective services to the Mass General community.
Throughout the year, we are responsible for the safety and security of more than 25,000 hospital staff, more than 40,000 inpatients and more than 1.5 million outpatient visitors and guests.
Supported by one of the largest integrated access control systems in the United States, the 300 highly trained department members work to anticipate the needs of the patients, staff and visitors in order to create a safe environment and offer value-added services.
Please take this opportunity to learn more about this superb team of professionals:
- Operations Division
- Special Investigations Unit (SIU)
- Systems and Technology Division
- Parking Division
- Outside Services Division
- Commuter Services Division
- Photography Department
The vision of Massachusetts General Hospital Police, Security and Outside Services over the next three years is to:
- Play an integral role to the optimal functioning of the hospital
- Demonstrate the tangible value of our work and how our services produce a positive return on investment
- Be a leader in the healthcare security industry nationally
- Act as a role model and educator for the Massachusetts General Hospital Credo
- Take a customer service approach in all situations
- Lead, train and educate the Massachusetts General Hospital Community on a myriad of topics
- Act skillfully and with resourcefulness when face with complex problems and situations
- Hire and retain superb staff who are committed to the Massachusetts General Hospital mission
- Be proactive and responsive to community needs and vulnerabilities
- Use cutting-edge technology and communications
- Leverage the internet – implementing a dynamic useful website for marketing, education and feedback
- Be effective and efficient during deployment of all resources