We aim to improve physical and mental health, reduce administrative burden, foster community and connection, and provide coaching opportunities.
We provide dedicated support to faculty and trainees as they navigate their academic surgical careers.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We implement measures to foster an inclusive and equitable environment for all members of our community.
- Director, Wellness and Lifestyle Medicine
- Chief, Division of Gastrointestinal and Oncologic Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Department of Surgery
- Chair of Surgery at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Director MGH Thyroid Cancer Research Laboratory
- Director of Mass General Endocrine Surgery Fellowship
Beth Frates, MD
Director, Wellness and Lifestyle Medicine
Richard Hodin, MD
Vice Chair, Faculty Affairs
Tawakalitu Oseni, MD
Sareh Parangi, MD
Erika Rangel, MD, MS, FACS
Associate Program Director, Resident Wellness
Antonia Stephen, MD
Surgical Director, Wellness
The Department of Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital has a long tradition of excellence in clinical care, research, and teaching.