Transgender Health Program
Caregivers of Transgender/Non-Binary Individuals Resources
Find resources for caregivers of Transgender/Non-Binary Individuals at or outside of Massachusetts General Hospital.
LGBT Youth National Talkline
- Talk with teens and young adults up to age 25 about coming-out issues, gender identity, parent issues, relationship concerns, school problems, anxiety and safer-sex information.
- Peer support is available Monday thru Friday from 4pm to midnight and Saturday from noon to 5pm, eastern time.
- Call 1-800-246-PRIDE or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the LGBT Youth National Talkline's website for more information
Therapeutic ResourcesIndividual therapy for parents of trans youth
Literary ResourcesBooks that might be helpful for parents of transgender and gender diverse children
- My Daughter He, by Candace Waldron, a mom in MA who supported her child as he transitioned (female to male).
- The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals: by Stephanie Brill & Rachel Pepper, a guidebook to supporting transgender and gender diverse children.
- Trevor ProjectLifeline: 1-866-488-7386 or Text START to 678678 for text help.
- Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
- LGBT Helpline: 1-617-267-9001 or toll-free 1-888-340-4528
TransCEND (Transgender Care and Education Needs Diversity)
- This program offers member support, assistance with accessing basicservices, medical care, support groups, educational groups, risk reduction materials, and individual case management.
- For more information call: 857-313-6513, or email email@example.com.