Transgender Health Program
Caregivers of Transgender/Non-Binary Individuals Resources
Find resources for caregivers of Transgender/Non-Binary Individuals at or outside of Massachusetts General Hospital.
NAGLY is an organization for LGBT Youth. They have weekly meetings for supportive parents and have a variety of community offerings for parents and family members.
Parents/Friends of LGBT Family Members (PFLAG)
Boston PFLAG hosts a lot of groups for parents of transgender youth across MA. This organization may be able to link parents with other families even outside of the support groups.
SAYFTEE is a Boston-area socially conscious business committed to offering therapy, workshops, trainings, groups, and other services to meet the needs of gender expansive and LGBTQI.
Fenway Health has a monthly drop-in support group for parents of trans/gender expansive youth
GLBT Youth National Talkline
- Talk with teens and young adults up to age 25 about coming-out issues, gender identity, parent issues, relationship concerns, school problems, anxiety and safer-sex information.
- Peer support is available Monday thru Friday from 4pm to midnight and Saturday from noon to 5pm, eastern time.
- Call 1-800-246-PRIDE or e-mail help@GBLThotline.org
- Visit the GLBT Youth National Talkline's website for more information.
Therapeutic ResourcesIndividual therapy for parents of trans youth
Literary ResourcesBooks that might be helpful for parents of transgender and gender-diverse children
- My Daughter He, by Candace Waldron, a mom in MA who supported her child as he transitioned (female to male).
- The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals, by Stephanie Brill & Rachel Pepper, a guidebook to supporting transgender and gender diverse children.
- Trevor ProjectLifeline: 1-866-488-7386 or Text START to 678678 for text help.
- Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
- LGBT Helpline: 1-617-267-9001 or toll-free 1-888-340-4528
TransCEND (Transgender Care and Education Needs Diversity)
- This program offers member support, assistance with accessing basicservices, medical care, support groups, educational groups, risk reduction materials, and individual case management.
- For more information call: 857-313-6513, or email email@example.com.