Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency, MGH
- Fellowship, Brigham and Womens Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Ackman JB, Wu CC. MRI of the Thymus. Am J Roentgenol. 197:W15-20, 2011.
- Ackman JB, Kovacina B, Carter BW, et al. Sex difference in normal thymic appearance in adults 20-30 years of age. Radiology. 268:245-53, 2013.
- Ackman JB, Wu CC, Halpern EF, Abbott GF, Shepard JA. Non-vascular thoracic magnetic resonance imaging: The current state of training, utilization, and perceived value. Survey of the Society of Thoracic Radiology membership. Journal of Thoracic Imaging. 29:252-57, 2014.
- Ackman JB. A practical guide to non-vascular thoracic magnetic resonance imaging. Journal of Thoracic Imaging. 29:17-29, 2014.
- Ackman JB, Verzosa S, Kovach AE, et al. High rate of unnecessary thymectomy and its cause. Can computed tomography distinguish thymoma, lymphoma, thymic hyperplasia, and thymic cysts? European Journal of Radiology. 84(3); 524-33, 2015.
Ackman JB, Gaissert HA, Lanuti M, Digumarthy SR, Shepard JO, Halpern EF, Wright CD. Impact of nonvascular thoracic MRI on the clinical decision-making of thoracic surgeons: A two-year prospective study. Radiology. 280(2):464-74, 2016. PMID: 26909650
Ackman JB, Nitiwarangkul C, Mercaldo SF. Extent of intra-protocol and inter-site variability of thoracic MR acquisition times at a large quaternary institution; MR technologist insights as to its causes. J Thoracic Imaging. 34(6):356-61, 2019. PMID: 30913138