Guided by the needs of our patients, the mission of the Department of Neurology is to be the preeminent academic neurology department in the US by providing outstanding clinical care while rapidly discovering new treatments to reduce and eliminate the devastating impact of neurological disorders; training the very best neurologists and scientists of the future; and improving the health and well being of the diverse communities we serve.
- Excellence in patient care every day
- Outstanding service to our patients, their families and our referring healthcare providers
- Access to clinical care for all patients at the right time, in the right place by the right clinician
- Seamless integration of research and clinical care for the benefit of our patients
- Basic research that advances science and increases our understanding of the nervous system and its functions
- Efficient and rapid translation of laboratory advances to patient care
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Education and mentorship for all our trainees and staff
Award-winning Medical Care
Mass General is recognized as a leader in patient care, education and research, and ranks among the most prestigious medical institutions.