Department of Neurology
Grand Rounds Lecture Series
Grand Rounds Recordings
This timely and informative seminar series addresses major topics in neurology, including stroke, epilepsy, and the neurological complications of COVID-19. For details about Grand Rounds and Partners Continuing Professional Development, please visit the Neurology Grand Rounds course page. Selected lecture recordings are shared here.
December 10, 2020: The Role of Pandemics in the Evolution and Destruction of the Human Brain
Avindra Nath, MD, Chief of the Section of Infections of the Nervous System at NIH, covers neurological complications associated with recent and remote pandemics, the way that pandemics have shaped human evolution and brain development, and how pathogens incorporated in the human genome from remote pandemics can influence the pathophysiology of neurodegenerative diseases.
November 19, 2020: Neuro-Vascular Interactions in the Brain
Chenghua Gu, DVM, PhD, a Professor of Neurobiology at Harvard Medical School, explains molecular mechanisms underlying the blood-brain barrier and neurovascular coupling.
May 14, 2020: Case Study: A 60-year-old woman with COVID-19 and altered mental status
- Describe the differential diagnosis of altered mental status in a patient with COVID.
- Describe the neurologic complications of COVID-19.
April 30, 2020: Neurology & COVID-19 Research Update
Presenters Jonathan Rosand, MD, Mark Albers, MD and Eric Klawiter, MD, MSc share new information about COVID-19 clinical trials and ongoing research.
- Learn about ongoing clinical trials for COVID-19 in the Department of Neurology
- Understand the proposed mechanisms of anosmia in patients with COVID-19
- Describe unique psychosocial challenges for COVID-19 patients and caregivers
April 23, 2020: COVID-19 & Neurology: A Panel Discussion
Presenters Bart Chwalisz, MD, M. Brandon Westover, MD, PhD, Paloma Gonzalez-Perez, MD, PhD and Shibani Mukerji, MD, PhD discuss the neurological impacts of COVID-19.
- Learn about 3 neurological complications associated with COVID-19 infection
- Understand what is known about the pathophysiology of coronavirus infection
- Learn about a clinical trial currently ongoing at MGH for COVID-19-related treatments
Partners HealthCare System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Partners HealthCare System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.About Neurology Grand Rounds About Neuroscience Grand Rounds
Responding to COVID-19
Mass General has activated its Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) in response to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Please find the latest news and information here.