Mukerji Lab for Neuroinfectious Diseases
Neurological complications from infections include cerebrovascular disease, cognitive changes and depression. We study systemic indicators of health, immune function and metabolite networks to advance our understanding and management of neurological disorders after infections.
The philosophy of our research group is that we achieve research and clinical excellence through collaboration and every individual member of the team brings value. We hope to create a collaborative environment in which every member is unhampered to achieve their potential. We believe diversity of thought, informed by various experiences, benefits achieving creative solutions for people with HIV and neuro-infectious diseases. This means that we benefit from the input of all lab members, we celebrate diverse backgrounds, and we respect ourselves, research participants, patients, and each other. It is our mutual respect and the integrity of our work that is the consistent thread for the lab culture, values, and policies.
Mission and Vision
Our Mission: To improve the lives of people with HIV through integrated clinical care, neurological research, and education.
Our Vision: We will create solutions that eliminate health burdens and provide hope for people with all neuro-infectious diseases to live happier, healthier, and more productive lives.
- Lead Clinical Trials and Clinical Cohort Studies to Improve Neurological Outcomes, Enhance Quality Treatment and Reduce Costs for People with HIV
- Inform Health Policy and Raise Public Awareness of Health through Neurological Research for People with HIV
- Build a World-Class Clinical Center for all People with Neuro-Infectious Diseases
- Develop an Experienced Team with Diverse Clinical and Research Expertise Focused on Enriching the Lives of all People with Neuro-Infectious Diseases
- Leverage the Power of Health Information and Machine Learning to Extend Clinical Capabilities, Minimize Diagnostic and Treatment Delays, and Improve Outcomes for all People with Neuro-Infectious Diseases.
Support Our Work
Mass General Neuroinfectious Disease Research is on the cutting edge of scientific advancement. Your contributions can help us understand the complex interactions of HIV and the brain.