Movement Disorders Division
The Movement Disorders Division at Massachusetts General Hospital has over seventy years of history providing diagnosis, treatment and support to adult and pediatric patients with a variety of movement disorders in several specialized clinics:
Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Clinic
Recognized by the Parkinson's Foundation as a Center of Excellence for our dedication to Parkinson’s research, clinical care, and outreach.
A regional referral center for adult and pediatric patients seeking specialized care and treatment for generalized dystonia, writer's cramp and all other types of dystonia.
Huntington's Disease Center of Excellence
Recognized as a Huntington's Disease Society Center of Excellence for our comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to treating patients with Huntington's.
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Clinic
Recognized as a CurePSP Center of Care by the CurePSP Foundation, the leading foundation for PSP research and care.
Tourette Syndrome Center of Excellence
A specialized multidisciplinary clinic and regional referral center for adult and pediatric patients with Tourette syndrome and other tic disorders.
Deep Brain Stimulation
With Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), surgeons are able to deliver precisely measured electrical impulses to very small areas of the brain that can improve many symptoms of movement disorders.
Research & Clinical Trials
We conduct a wide variety of clinical trials and studies to advance research into movement disorders and develop new treatments.
Over 70 Years of Leadership
Our division has been a leader in diagnosis, treatment and support for people with movement disorders for more than 70 years.
Training the Next Generation of Leaders in Movement Disorders
The Mass General Movement Disorders Fellowship is a two-year program that combines a strong research focus with clinical care in a variety of areas.
Meet the doctors of the Movement Disorders Division.
- Chief, Movement Disorders Division
- Director, Parkinson's Disease Center of Excellence
- Director, Center for Neuro-imaging of Aging and Neurodegenerative Disease
- Director, Tic Disorders Unit, Division of Movement Disorders, Department of Neurology
- Co-Director, TS Center of Excellence
- Director, Collaborative Center for X-linked Dystonia Parkinsonism (XDP) at MGH
- Director, Mass General Brigham Dystonia Clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Associate Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School
- Director of the CurePSP Center of Care
– patient in the Movement Disorders Division
Dr. Penney was amazingly caring and was focused on the situation at hand. She gave me a clear explanation of my plan of care. I feel blessed to have her as one of my care providers.
Support the Movement Disorders Division
Philanthropic support for the Mass General Movement Disorders Division is critical to patient care, research and education. Please consider making a gift today.