- Kim Gregory, POCT Associate Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 617-726-3858
- Kent Lewandrowski, MD, POCT Medical Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 617-726-2275
- Gino Pagnani, POCT Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 617-726-1462
- Stephanie Kent, POCT Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 617-726-6482
Point of Care Testing
As laboratory testing devices become increasingly smaller and easier to use, lab tests can now be done more frequently at the point of care (the patient's home or bedside). Familiar Point of Care tests (POCT) are blood glucose kits, pregnancy kits, strep tests, and others. The Pathology POCT Program trains and certifies POCT testing throughout the Mass General.
Are you performing POCT tests but not enrolled in the POCT Program?
Looking for procedures, competency documents or log sheets?
Moving your practice or remodeling? Please fill out the questionnaire below several months in advance.
POCT Program Objectives
1. Identify and assist non-Pathology Service testing sites with maintaining compliance with the federal regulations under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988
2. Assist those testing sites with meeting and maintaining Joint Commission standards required for hospital accreditation
3. Maintain a single standard of quality throughout the institution
POCT Annual Test Volumes
Whole Blood Glucose
Activated Clotting Time
Fecal Occult Blood
Provider - Performed Microscopy
Modified GC Screen