Mass General Hospital Down Syndrome Program
125 Nashua Street, Suite 821
Boston, MA 02114
Dr. Skotko, Dr. Florez, Dr. Santoro (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday appointment days)
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 6C
32 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
Dr. Oreskovic (Thursday appointment day)
Simches Building, 2nd Floor
185 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
Enter through leftmost set of doors (with no security desk) and take elevators to 2nd floor. Go left out of elevators through the double door to find the waiting area.
Explore This Program
The Mass General Hospital Down Syndrome Program integrates state-of-the-art resources with compassionate, comprehensive care through a multi-disciplinary approach. National experts from Massachusetts General Hospital, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary are ready to help your family member with any medical issue that may occur.
Our Down Syndrome Program has five distinct clinical services to ensure that people with Down syndrome receive the specialty care that is specific for their age group:
- Prenatal Services: We offer consultations in a private setting for expectant parents who have received a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome.
- Infant and Toddler Clinic (ages birth-5): Families will be educated about Down syndrome and comprehensive supports will be provided for their child’s early needs.
- Child Clinic (ages 5-13): The healthcare of children will be maximized so that they can achieve successes during school-aged years.
- Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic (ages 13-21): Families and youth will be supported and educated about transition planning. The goal is for your child to be prepared for adulthood and as engaged in their care as possible.
- Adult Clinic (ages 21 and older): Adults will be supported to lead healthy lives marked by meaningful engagements with their communities.
What Is Involved with an Appointment?
Each specific age group will have specialists available for that day that will meet the unique health care needs of individuals with Down syndrome for that specific age group.
How to Request an Appointment
To request an appointment, please first complete an intake form.
We are a collaborative, multidisciplinary team, serving people with Down syndrome of all ages and their families. We provide evidence-based clinical care, education, and cutting-edge research so that individuals with Down syndrome can reach their full potential.
Our passion is to provide healthcare, research, and education that contribute to a world in which all people with Down syndrome are accepted, celebrated and have the opportunity to fully realize their potential.
The Down Syndrome Program team has developed a variety of resources for people with Down syndrome and their families. View the full resource list here.
For Health Care Providers
Outpatient Care of Patients with Down Syndrome for Med Students
Directed by Down Syndrome Program physician Stephanie Santoro, MD, this Harvard Medical School course is intended to provide advanced medical students with an exposure to the care of patients with Down syndrome across the age spectrum. People with Down syndrome typically have a number of health needs that arise from their chromosomal condition, which alters the screening tests and milestones that must be considered in the course of a regular clinic visit. Learn more.
Newborn with Down Syndrome Medical Work-up
Our Newborn with Down Syndrome Medical Work-up (PDF) includes a checklist to help you plan the health screenings and resources that are recommended for babies with Down syndrome.
- Keeping Children and Adolescents with Down Syndrome Healthy: Medical Updates for Doctors
- Keeping Adults with Down Syndrome Healthy
- Lost in Transition: The Transition of Youth with Special Health Care Needs
Meet the Team
On the day of your clinic, you will not see all of the providers (PDF) listed below, only the appropriate ones for your age range.
Self-Advocate Resource Specialist
- Diana Brenner-Miller, MS, CCC-SLP
- Christina Cossa, MS, OTR/L
- Joy Huebner, PT, DPT
- Jen Maietta, CCC-SLP
- Bridgett Jason, PT, DPT
- Casey E. Vandale, PT, DPT
- Amanda Copeland, MS, CCC-SLP
Pediatric Feeding Program
Additionally, we can facilitate referrals for other services, including Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Dentistry, and others.
Down Syndrome Research Program
We provide innovative opportunities for people with Down syndrome to participate in research. Learn more.