OB/GYN Global Health
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 9E
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
OB/GYN Global Health Administrative Coordinator
Explore This Observership
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and our inability to invite international colleagues to participate in on-site observerships at this time, we are providing the opportunity for a three-week virtual observership in gynecologic oncology.
Under the direction of Annekathryn Goodman, MD, a specialist in the Center for Gynecologic Oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital and professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School, the Virtual Gynecologic Oncology Observership provides physicians from around the world the opportunity to expand their knowledge and deepen their expertise in caring for women with gynecologic cancers.
There is no tuition cost for this observership. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Program length: 3 weeks
The curriculum for the virtual observership includes remote attendance at daily morning didactics, including:
- Tumor Boards
- Pathology Conferences
- Gynecologic Oncology Journal Club
- Palliative Care Rounds
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Grand Rounds
- Teaching Conferences
- Global Health Conferences, Journal Club Meetings and Grand Rounds
In addition, participants will engage in regular study sessions with Dr. Goodman.
At the completion of the observership, each participant is expected to develop a written research project on a topic related to gynecologic oncology.
- Director of Strength and Serenity MGH Global Initiative to End Gender- Based Violence
- Codirector MGH Women's Global Health
- Professor Obstetrics, Gynecology, Reproductive Biology Harvard Medical School
One three-week rotation will take place each month, with no more than one physician invited per rotation. When completing your application, please indicate your preferred month to observe.
Each applicant must be a practicing physician or physician-in-training on staff at an institution and fluent in English.Please note that each applicant must be able to commit to attending all the didactic sessions listed below (Eastern Standard Time), plus two additional hours/week of independent study.
- 7:00 - 8:00 am – Gyn Oncology Fellow Journal Club (weekly)
- 7:00 - 8:00 am – Gyn Oncology Didactics (weekly)
- 8:00 - 9:00 am – Global Health Grand Rounds (monthly)
- 9:00 - 10:00 am – Global Health Community Meeting (monthly)
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm – Global Health Journal Club (monthly)
- 7:00 - 8:00 am – Gyn Oncology Tumor Board (weekly)
- 8:00 - 9:00 am – Palliative Care Grand Rounds (weekly)
- 7:00 - 8:00 am – OB/GYN Resident Didactics (weekly)
- 8:00 - 9:00 am – OB/GYN Grand Rounds (weekly)
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm – Cancer Center Grand Rounds (weekly)
- 5:00 - 6:00 pm – Ethics Committe (monthly)
- 7:00 - 8:00 am – Independent Study (weekly)
How to Apply
To apply, please provide the following:
- Our online application form
- A letter of professional reference from director-level supervisor on hospital or institution letterhead. This letter should include:
- Applicant and supervisor's positions at the home institution
- That the applicant works full-time and is in good standing at the institution
- Why the applicant is an excellent candidate for this observership
- What skills and interests the applicant will bring to the observership
- How the applicant’s participation in the observership will benefit the home institution
Once you have submitted the online form, complete your application process by emailing the above information to MGHGynOncInternatObserve@partners.org.
Please email Mary Greenwald at MGHGynOncInternatObserve@partners.org if you have any questions. We are eager to hear from you.